Friday, November 25, 2011

Nikon SLR Digital Camera Pros & Cons


!±8± Nikon SLR Digital Camera Pros & Cons

I knew that i needed a new camera when I reached the point of couldn't getting more from the point-and-shoot Canon PowerShot devices that i have been using for six years now. I took a lot of pictures, because they're handy and portable and I always had my camera with me, but I started experiencing problems like poor performance at low-light settings and delay between shots.

Even though I like my compact Canon, for a DSLR I narrowed my choices to the Nikon D60 or the Sony A300. I eventually chose the D60 and I ordered it from Amazon. Profiting of their 30-day price match policy, I got some of my money back. Because the price of the Nikon D60 has gone down a few times and they were fast to refund the difference from what I initially paid. But keep in mind that Amazon doesn't warn you when the price changes, it's up to you to follow for 30 days if it drops.

Why I chose the Nikon over the Sony is simple: it's less heavy and compact, making it easier to carry; also, the LCD menu is intuitive and clear and, of course, because Nikon is well-respected for the fine lenses it produces, and in a DSLR it's really about which line you want to follow in purchasing lenses in the future.

Even though the camera doesn't fit in my pocket like I used to carry my point-and-shoot devices, it's still pretty comfortable to have with you. Thanks to kit lens' VR (vibration reduction) and its neat balance with the camera's compact body, the weight of the lens won't point it down.

Another great thing is that the camera is pretty efficient in low-light settings. You can even beat the flash, and in my opinion you can get better quality pictures this way. Still, the flash has a more even coverage than that of a compact camera and is also more powerful. The manual explains all you need to know about what this camera has, but you won't find a thorough guide for DSLRs.

One thing you should know about this camera is that auto-focus only works with Nikon AF-S lenses. So you'll have to manually focus when using most Nikon "prime" lenses. It also lacks live preview. You only see your picture on the LCD screen after you've pushed the button.

But I'm pleased with my decision and I warmly recommend the Nikon for anyone who wants to try a DSLR camera.


Nikon SLR Digital Camera Pros & Cons

Shop Enfamil Vs Good Start Shop Vivitar Flash 285hv




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links